Friday, May 15, 2009

Time is flying, faster than the speed of light!

It is so hard to balance the many facets of our lives. Who ARE the people that claim that they have nothing to do. I don't mean teen-agers, they claim that BECAUSE they should be doing something, but long to sleep. I know, I had three of them.

I finished the cotton, "Hey Teach" and am sewing the vintage buttons on tonight. The experiment in cotton for the cardi on the cover of Interweave Knits is teetering on the edge. I have a love hate relationship with the more open gauge, even though I wanted an open and light summer sweater. About 3/4 of the way through, maybe I will finish, maybe I will restart in another pattern.

Since the last posting, our guild had their annual retreat. Wow. It is so much fun and so rejuvenating to spend a whole weekend devoted to friends and fiber. We laughed until we cried, we ate too much, we got caught in the rain, bought yarn, took workshops, and made friendships grow. An impromptu concert by some visiting musicians became a sing along and we could not have had a better night! For those of you who were there...yes, we do have the body of a goddess (don't let anyone tell you otherwise!).

The school year is quickly coming to the end, my planning for a two week tour of Spain is drawing near and I have so much knitting to do!

The other night was our annual dinner and swap with the guild. What fun to see what treasures others are ready to part with and how exciting to go home with someone else's stuff and less of our own! Members are getting more savvy about this swap and displays are showing up. Just wait until next year! People will be joining the guild just to get in on the swap, not to mention the retreat!

Lucky we are, indeed, to belong to such an active and caring group. Knit on!

No comments: