Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It is REALLY REALLY Spring!

The sun finally shines (at least part of the days) and my cat is rolling in its warmth as it streams through the windows. I prefer to notice her in the strong beam of light, rather than the dust that the sun highlights during this glorious time of the year. Spring cleaning...hmmmm..not yet. I am just so happy to be able to sit on my porch and read after school, walk into town and, of course, check out all of the new yarn and patterns for spring.

I started another Clapotis with Noro's new cotton blend laceweight, only a scarf width for this one. I got about two feet done when I realized that it was not structured enough to benefit from the unraveled bits, so I frogged the whole thing and began again, knitting the same pattern, diagonal with the ridges, but no unravels. It looks great! I think that it will be terrific with tanks and tees this spring and into the summer evenings (or chilly dining).

My contract for teaching next fall includes fifth grade, so I am doing some extra research into projects that will be exciting for the kids next year.

Only one more week and I hear whether or not I am being awarded a National Humanities Grant for this summer, keeping my fingers crossed!

I am on spring break right now, and alas, no big trips outside of the country. I am excited to be attending NCECA, a clay conference, in Philadelphia with my hubby...like a mini summer vacation where there usually is none! We will be seeing friends that we met on our trip to Korea and I can't wait to spend time with them.

On the fiber burner.....just a couple of possible workshops that combine art and fiber. One is at Miami University in June and the other is at Ghost Ranch in New Mexico, not far from our cabin. Hopefully, the next couple of weeks will spell out the reality of my summer plans.

I guess that I have avoided the inevitable dusting for long enough...that sun, that tremendous sun, how it shames me into housework!

No comments: