Thursday, June 26, 2008

Istanbul or Bust!

The time is drawing very near...it is the moment that packing for a trip is looming so near that I get queezy. I have done everything possible to postpone this (as usual) and am hoping that tonight's yoga will rest my mind for at least that hour.



Salina Shawl is finished! Yippee! It will be a nice addition to a sundress in the ever cold air-conditioning or a little protection from the Mediterranean sun. It was going really well until my monkey mind became too overloaded. That was the period of knitting that found me reversing the pattern row, skipping stitches, losing yarn overs, you name it. A little swearing went into this sweet and innocent looking accessory. I hope that I don't lose it on the trip!



I am planning the knitting project that will come with me on the journey. Anyone had recent experience with British Air and knitting? I was planning a small project with cheap needles in case of confiscation and a spare pair in my checked baggage for the hotel. What will I knit????? Probably socks since I have at least 40 pair in yarn waiting for the effort. I have books, but they don't keep my hands busy and long flights require knitting. I would even settle for crochet, just to have the comfort of yarn and repetition of stitches to occupy me.



I will do my best to post my where abouts, but if it doesn't work out, I will be back in about 10 days with plenty to show and tell. Wish me luck, the yarn shop in the bazaar is on my map and I have been looking at some awesome Turkish socks/slippers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda,

Have a great time. Can't wait to hear about your travels when you get back. Please don't lose that beautiful shawl. Seems I just did that very thing and I'm very sad.

Take care and see you soon.