Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ho Ho Holidays

Pass the eggnog, please! My daughter was married last week, my first born. She looked lovely and they are so happy. Whew!

Next, general holiday craziness, you know. I got through the turkey and am onto the shopping, cleaning and massive knitting and jewelry making. Each year I have requests from co-workers for items and do a holiday sale with my artist husband at his studio at Marygrove College on December 13. In order to be ready for this, he is making pottery like crazy, and I am framing up some of my photos from my travels along with my sculptural pieces. Email me if you would like more info, come by and say "Hi"!

So when I say crazy holidays, I mean it. As you know, I love the adventure and excitement and general busy atmosphere. I am, however, planning for some down time between the holidays to recover and rejuvenate. That is when I spin for my pleasure and knit for myself (and write report cards and organize the after holiday mess.....).

Enjoy your own chaos this holiday season, it is part of the deal and makes it feel just a little different than the usual routine. Ho Ho Ho

No comments: