Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Holidays!

FINALLY!!! School is out (a day early due to the "big storm") and I am focusing on getting ready for the holiday. There are only three projects on my needles for others, and not due until the new year. I have baked nine types of cookies with about 3 more recipes to finish tomorrow and a ginger crusted lingonberry cheesecake for the family party. Most of the gifts are wrapped...which means, yes, I did manage to finish my shopping.

I finished an angora blend lace hat and scarf, both patterns from the Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders book. If you get a chance, there are some great patterns to go with that pricey skein that you couldn't live without. But please, go to the website to double check for pattern corrections. I learned the hard way, and there are many corrections posted. They must have been in a hurry to get this out for the holiday knitting crowd!

If you are reading this, wow. I have been having a hard enough time checking up on my email let alone write on the blog. It is not that there are not things happening, quite the contrary. So much is happening that I can't get around to sitting at the computer.

Just the other morning, I remembered to send my registration for the Black Sheep Knitting Guild retreat. As I drove into work, I realized that I never put the check in the envelope! Lucky for a cell phone and wonderful husband, it was remedied before I even began my work day. The retreat is a big deal. I have been weeding things out of my busy schedule this year, but the retreat is NOT one of them. A chance to bond with my friends and immerse myself in fiber for the whole weekend is just too wonderful to pass up.

I hope that you all have terrific holiday celebrations and enjoy friends and family and even a bit of rest and relaxation. Even if it takes a blizzard to force the issue, a little down time and the holiday spirit surely are the best way to end the old year and ring in the new.

No comments: