Sunday, January 18, 2009

A new year old and new projects

I briefly began a sweater last year, because I saw a friend wearing one and LOVED it! Life took hold and took me away from my beloved Hild (Elsbeth Lavold). Determined to make this beauty (and after discovering it in a bag among the mess in my fiber room, I checked it out on Ravelry. Yikes...many comments, not all good, about the making of this gem. Still, I am determined... Here is my progress





I have had a few problems, mostly due to reading subtitles on a movie while knitting dark yarn with a 25 row repeat of varied cables in a not so well lit room. Yes, I love a challenge.


On an easier and wonderful note, I made a couple of preemie caps to donate with our Black Sheep Knitting Guild. What a pleasure to know that a teeny tiny head will be kept warm with these!



For the new year, I have started Pilates at the community center in my town, started cleaning my studio/fiber room, joined my husband in the clay studio and threw pots (clay pots, not actually "throwing" as in breaking, but as in "making") for the first time in about 12 years. I am still aching from the workout. I am doing a little for me and a little for others and trying not to get overburdened while enjoying each day. Whew. I hope that you all can do the same!

No comments: