Friday, January 30, 2009

The Pleasures of Winter

Yeah, right! I am looking out of my window, the snow gently falling and it doesn't seem so bad until I get into my car and join the masses.

But on the bright side....the cool weather provides the perfect opportunity to get into those wooly projects that just would not feel right in the heat of the summer! I almost look forward to some of these days to lock myself in with my hubby, cat and snacks to accompany my project.

I get so much done on these days. No, not housework, not taxes. I pull past issues of knitting magazines and create project matches between my yarn and my patterns to create kits of great new knits!

My latest stash acquisition is a teal Kimono Angora, enough to make a cardigan! Follow the link and see the Knitter's Review of the yarn, YUMMMY!!! I am still adhering to my rule, knit one old and one new. For each new yarn project, I follow with a project using stash. It has been a good way to encourage shopping the stash. Believe it or not, it is as exciting rediscovering what I have as it is seeing what the stores do. Actually, much of what I find out there is already in my collection or not on my radar for a project that I am itching to do.
This is a GOOD thing. Especially since I am heading out to Skeins on Main in Rochester on Sunday for the Grand Re-Opening with the new owners. I wonder what they will have that I "need"............

No comments: