Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hola!

I am freshly back in the states after a bit of sunshine in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. This is my second time in this colonial paradise of central Mexico. The vibrant colors of the buildings and the sights, sounds and sunshine make me reallllllly happpy!!! I went with my mom and had a great time. We toured some wonderful houses and their fabulous gardens, saw a flamenco show, walked for miles and miles each day on the cobbled streets and narrow walks to discover each adventure. A couple of side tours to neighboring states revealed Diego Rivera's birthplace, a mummy museum, a Jurassic period mini-mountain that holds all kinds of lore and tons of history and beauty. Purple trees in bloom dotted the landscape and we shopped the galleries of a retired muslin mill. Ole! I even found a pair of hand knit alpaca socks in one of the wool capitals, Bernal, to add to my multicultural knit collection.

One week back on American soil and I found myself traveling with friends from the Black Sheep to the Black Swamp Spinners fiber show in Ohio. Of course, I added to my mega stash on Ravelry and cannot wait to get knitting. Briar Rose was there with the ingredients for the much coveted retro cardigan in 4th of July yarn dyed with greens and blues...something new for me and soooooo lovely! We found a new yarn shop in Sylvania, thanks to our driver and pal, Suzanne and will be returning for more goodies soon, I hope!

While in Mexico, I decided to bring socks as the knit along project for the trip. I used the original Noro sock yarn in multi colors that reminded me of the colors in San Miguel. I call them my Mexican Monkeys, since they are the Monkey Sock pattern with a theme. Unfortunately, I missed my daylight opportunity, once again, to photograph the new stuff (tax season requires daylight or I make mistakes). Just you wait, pictures will be here and there will be no room for words!

No comments: